Bipolar Disorder is a psychiatric diagnosis used in the hope of understanding and relieving the distress of a person who suffers from extreme swings in both mood and level of energy and activity. The polarities are:
- Sometimes manifested in decreased interest
- Appetite and energy
- Trouble concentrating
- Persistent sadness…
- Sometimes manifested in racing thoughts
- An elevated expansive or irritable mood
- Extreme anger or rage
- Grandiose beliefs
- Poor judgment.
- Click here to read more
It sucks to be this way, and one in a hundred or so of the people around you are. You could be one of those who suffers.
Many famous personalities might diagnose this way including:
- Catherine Zeta-Jones
- Robin Williams
- Winston Churchill
- Buzz Aldrin, the second person to set foot on the moon.
- Famous Bipolar People
Diagnosis does not directly dictate a particular treatment:
- Mood stabilization is generally sought with medication . Mood stabilization can relieve suffering but does not cure or prevent relapse. Most treatments also include some form of psychotherapy.
- Clinicians offer treatments ranging from Medication and CBT to Lithium and dietary care .
- Some approaches combine medication, psychotherapy and psycho education.